Siding is one of the best ways to beautify your home and increase your resale value. Our vinyl siding offers exceptional durability with an industry-leading spectrum of fade-resistant colors and a lifetime limited warranty.
Siding comes in different styles, colors, and price ranges. Choose from maintenance-free classic clapboard, shiplap, beaded, shakes or shingle profiles in many styles, widths, and textures.
If you are new to the world of siding let us help you get on the right track. Our expert and experienced staff at Front Runner Roofing can handle all of your repair, installation and replacement needs.
Common Causes of Siding Damage
If you already have installed siding, you might want to understand the common cause of outer wall damage.
- Moisture: If your siding isn’t sealed completely or if there is a gap, there is a huge chance of water penetrating through the outer wall. Make sure a waterproof barrier is installed just underneath your outer wall. Moisture might give birth to rot, mold, and mildew.
- Storms: Storms can be very destructive. Even a weak storm can bring elements like hail and ice that can scratch it.
- Bees: Bees can also damage it, especially carpenter bees. Carpenter bees can make holes in your siding to build their nest.
- Birds: Birds can also peck holes and leave a scratch on your siding making it unsightly.
If your siding becomes damaged because of one of these reasons, give us a call. The earlier you spot damage, the better chance of repairing it versus having to replace it.
How Do You Know If You Need To Replace Your Siding?
Sometimes a siding repair just won’t cut it. There are lots of factors that will determine if you need to replace it or not.
- Cracked or Loose Siding: If you have experienced a heavy storm in your area, make sure to check it after the storm. High wind can loosen the siding or pull off the whole board.
- Faded Color: Your siding should last anywhere from 8 to 10 years under average conditions. But if you find yourself painting often because its color is peeling, it might be an indication that you need a new siding.
- Rotten Siding: Rot is a clear indication that you need to replace it.
- Holes: Holes are the best place for water to sneak in. If you see numerous holes and cracks, call Front Runner Roofing to do a quick inspection and see if your siding needs a replacement.
- Blisters or Bubbles: Siding acts as a protective layer for the wall against moisture. Bubbles and blisters indicate that water has gotten trapped into it. If you see water getting trapped in it, then it’s no longer doing its job.
- Fungus, Mold, or Mildew: Where there is moisture there is a fungus, mold, and mildew. If you see such substances growing on your outer wall it means water is finding its way through it.
- Higher Resale Value: If you plan to move, replacing your siding will increase your home resale value.
- More than 20 Years of service: It won’t last forever. If it has given you more than 20 years of service, it’s most likely time to replace it.
These are the signs and indications that you need a new siding. But will you benefit from a new install? You bet!
4 Benefits of New Siding
There are lots of advantages and benefits of installing new siding. These are the top 5 benefits you will get when you install new siding.
- Increase Home Value: The first thing new siding will do for you is boost your home’s property value.
- It will Enhance Your Home’s Beauty: Installing a new siding is the best way to add beauty to your home. Give your home a vibrant new look today by calling Front Runner Roofing.
- Repair Unseen Structural Damage: Most of the structural damage that stays hidden beneath the siding might be causing problems to your house. A new install will help you detect and repair hidden structural damage.
- Reduced Painting Costs: Old siding needs painting often. If you install new siding you won’t need to paint it for a long time.
It won’t just make your home look nicer, you’ll feel better in a home with new siding, too. Get in touch with Front Runner Roofing in Louisville, KY to start making upgrades today.
The 6 Most Popular Siding Materials for Homes
The beauty of siding lies in the material you use. Here are the types of and a few samples of the siding materials we use.
Vinyl – Vinyl siding is one of the most used materials on houses today. Its low cost, versatility, and easy maintenance make it unique from the rest.