Proudly Serving Lexington & Shelbyville
Asphalt shingles are the most common residential roofing material in the United States. They are popular because they are economical and the roof repair process is pretty straightforward. If you’re replacing a residential roof, it’s likely you’re going to go with traditional asphalt shingles.
And for this, Front Runner Roofing is your answer.
Our estimators are HAAG-certified so you can feel confident in our recommendations. Our crews are licensed, insured, and bonded to work on roof repairs and installation. You can be certain that you are trusting professionals who have been trained according to the highest industry standards.
Call us at (502) 743-4228 for a free estimate today. We will help you make the best decision for your situation and your budget.
Roof repair and roof replacement are two different things. You might see a sign of a problem on your roof, but most of the time you won’t be able to tell if it needs repair or replacement.
- Your Roof Is Over 25 Years Old – Typical roofs last anywhere from 20 to 25 years with proper maintenance. As your residential roof gets old it gets weaker. If your roof age is over 25, spending on repairs is a waste of money. Instead of roof repair make a wise decision and replace the roof altogether.
- Shingles Curling, Buckling, or Missing – Among all the roof materials shingles are the ones most exposed to sunlight, rain, and wind. The shingles start to curl and buck due to environmental factors over time. If you see shingles are curling and losing granules or missing altogether.
- Roof Valleys – Roof valleys are one of the most important areas of your roof. It acts as a path for rainwater and snow to the gutters. If your roof valley is damaged you will soon notice a roof leak that will need to be repaired or it could damage your entire roofing system.
- Visible Moss and Algae – If the moss and algae remain undetected for a long period of time it might be a huge problem. Moss holds an excess amount of moisture in it and moisture is one of the major causes of roof damage.
- The Ceiling is Sagging – Sagging ceilings can be dangerous. If kept ignored for a long period of time it could even collapse. If you detect a soggy ceiling contact a roofing professional as soon as possible. A soggy ceiling is caused by an excessive amount of moisture from a leak.
“Front Runner Roofing was there for me, they met with the home owners adjuster. Inspected the roof, was there to do the roof and the crew was fantastic. Experienced crew, responsible and the workmanship is excellent. I highly recommend Front Runner Roofing to everyone, 10 stars”Maria Llauger - S
If you are looking for a roof replacement, understanding the type of residential roof will help you decide the best roof for your house. If you are trying to build a house and need a residential roofing contractor contact Front Runner Roofing today. An asphalt shingle roof is one of the most used residential roofing materials in the United States. It’s inexpensive and gives lots of advantages over other residential roofs. It has the easiest roof repair process and is easy to install.
- Dimensional Shingles
- 3-Tab Shingles
- Cedar Shake Shingles
- Slate Shingles
How long will my residential roof system last?
This highly depends on the materials used in the construction of your roof and how well it is maintained. But generally, a properly installed roofing system can last up to 20 years.
Can I repair the roof myself?
While some small jobs can be tackled by DIY homeowners, major work or a roof replacement is a pretty complex process that requires training and thus should be left to the professionals.
When should you replace your shingles?
An asphalt shingle roof can last anywhere from 20 to 25 years, depending on the quality of materials and how well it is installed. You might see a sign of a problem on your roof, but you may not be able to tell if it needs repair or replacement. One thing is for sure – you don’t want to wait until a problem has spread to the inside of your home. There are several warning signs that it may be time to replace your roof.
What is the longest lasting roof?
Roofs made of concrete, clay or slate tiles are the longest lasting roof. These materials significantly outperform other natural products like wood shakes or any manufactured roofing materials including asphalt shingles and metal roofing.
This is a glass fiber-reinforced asphalt-coated product with a ceramic granular surface to protect against UV, weathering, and physical damage. This roofing is more simple to repair than other more expensive types of roofs. It’s durable, cost-effective, and comes in various colors to enhance the style of your home.
There are a lot of choices when it comes to selecting a roofing material. It can be easy to be overwhelmed by all the choices available. But don’t worry – we are here to help you make the right selection. We’ll meet with you and show you samples of the various color options and styles to choose from. We’ll help you select the perfect option for your roof. We’ll explain pricing and educate you about the different warranty options available.
If You Have Roof Problems, Don't Wait!
Many homeowners ignore small roof repairs and wait until it gets worse and needs a full replacement. The only secret to a long-lasting roofing system is periodic inspection. Sometimes the damage on the roof might stay undetected and need a professional roofer to detect the problem. Even though you don’t see any sign of roof damage, it’s good to do a periodic inspection every six months or at least once a year. Fortunately, our Louisville residential roofing experts are here to help!
If you notice any above signs or need a roof inspector, contact us at (502) 743-4228. We have over 20 years of experience and can provide the help you need!